Fall Off the Bone Chicken
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||70 minutes|
|Passive Time||10 minutes|
- 1 tbsp Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Freshly Thyme chopped
- 1 whole Small Chicken 3 lbs to 4 lbs
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup Chicken Broth low-sodium
- 2 tbsp Freshly Parsley chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, and thyme.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels, then season generously with salt and pepper. Rub the brown sugar mixture all over chicken.
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté. Once heated, add oil, then chicken, breastside down.
- Sear chicken until skin is crispy, 3 to 4 minutes. Use very large tongs to flip chicken, then pour broth into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Secure lid and set to Pressure Cook on High for 25 minutes.
- Allow Instant Pot to depressurize naturally, then remove lid and take out chicken. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with parsley and serve warm.